Saturday, August 08, 2009

QOTD

Context: A few weeks ago, Professor Gates of Harvard was arrested in his own home for at worst being rude to a policeman. Meanwhile, town hall meetings by Democratic members of Congress to discuss health care reform are being disrupted all over the country (typical example)

DougJ
When someone talks back to a cop in his own house, that’s disorderly conduct.

When people make death threats and start fights in public, that’s exercising their First Amendment rights.



PS: Worth reading


PPS: People unclear on the concept:
President Obama at a town hall meeting last week described a letter he received from a Medicare recipient:
"I got a letter the other day from a woman. She said, 'I don't want government-run health care. I don't want socialized medicine. And don't touch my Medicare.'"

At a town hall meeting held by Rep. Robert Inglis (R-SC):
Someone reportedly told Inglis, "Keep your government hands off my Medicare."

"I had to politely explain that, 'Actually, sir, your health care is being provided by the government,'" Inglis told the Post. "But he wasn't having any of it."
(via HuffPo)