Sunday, September 06, 2009

More Princeton

Princeton University campus has great potential for photographic exploration. My primary expedition was to the Borders bookstore near Princeton for some Photoshop and cookbooks that were in stock there. I then stopped at the bridge, and then feeling hungry, stopped for a meal. So I squandered much of the light. So, apart from Hogwarts, on which I got lucky, the following are random uncorrected snapshots, put here as a reminder of a promise. There is a nice interactive map here which also provides a photographic glimpse of the buildings.

Nassau Street, in front of the restaurant where I ate.
nassau

Firestone Library:
tower-2

tower

University Chapel
:
cathedral

One of the chapel doors:
door

Crop from the above:
door-crop


Whig Hall
:
building

Books - detail of the Witherspoon statue. What amused me is that Principia is used rather than Newton.

books

1 comment:

Wavefunction said...

Great photos. I visit Princeton often myself and also enjoy walking down Nassau and Mercer (which houses EInstein's home) and visiting the Borders.